>> Speed reading software - RocketReader speed reading software
Speed reading skills - crucial for success
What is speed reading?
Speed reading is a series of reading skills and reading techniques which enable you to read faster and improve reading comprehension.
Average reading speed
The average reading speed is about 230 words per minute.
Reading speed test
Find out your reading speed. Take our reading speed test now
Why should you learn to speed read?
By training to become a speed reader, you can double your reading speed and improve your comprehension.
Imagine reading fast ...
- Getting better grades
- Improving your GPA
- Scoring higher in tests eg. SAT and GRE
- Being accepted into your preferred college
- Performing well at job interviews
- Being more effective and productive at work
- Succeeding in your profession and career
- Enjoying more free time with your family and friends
- Getting more time for activities you enjoy
- Feeling great about your reading
Whether you are a professional, student or adult or child wanting to read faster, you can benefit from speed reading training.
How does the speed reading software work?
The RocketReader speed reading software trains you how to read faster and improve reading comprehension by eliminating bad reading habits. These reading habits are:
- Excessive eye-slaving: reading syllable by syllable or word by word.
- Subvocalization: saying words under your breath or in your head as you read;
- Skip-back: re-reading earlier passages of text.
If you read syllable by syllable or word by word, you are an ineffective reader. Speed readers are effective readers because they read blocks of text with a single eye fixation. Contrast the slow reader and speed reader below:
(Those) (who) (can) (read) (quick)(ly) (and) (ac)(cu)(rat)(ely) (learn) (more) (and) (quick)(ly) (ex)(cel) (in) (their) (stud)(ies) (and) (ca)(reer).
25 eye fixations
(Those who can) (read quickly and accurately) (learn more and quickly excel) (in their studies and career).
4 eye fixations
The slow reader has to do four times more work than the speed reader. This is why slow readers get tired, can't read for long, forget what they have read and have to re-read sentences. As a result, they have poor reading confidence and avoid reading.
Speed readers read fast, understand what they read, can read for extended periods and are confident about their reading skills.
RocketReader uses a series of effective speed reading training exercises to eliminate bad reading habits and develop good reading habits:
By eliminating bad reading habits, you can read faster and improve reading comprehension, reading stamina and reading confidence.
- Flash training to get rid of excessive eye slaving and subvocalization and increase block reading;
- Grouping training to remove excessive eye slaving and improve block reading;
- Speed training to eliminate skip-back and improve reading speed;
- Reading training to practice your reading skills on reading texts of your choice and improve reading comprehension;
- Timings training to test your reading speed and comprehension on unseen reading texts.
Speed reading free trial
Download the RocketReader speed reading software for Windows absolutely free for 10 days now.
Online speed reading
Try RocketReader Online - Web 2.0 version of RocketReader speed reading software
Ideal for schools, students, travellers and Mac or Linux users.
What's included in the speed reading software
- Training to eliminate bad reading habits and increase your reading speed and improve your reading comprehension. Includes five training exercises - Flash, Groupings, Speed, Readings and Timings.
- To practice your reading skills on graded reading texts. Includes 500 plus graded reading texts for adults, teenagers and children (aged 7 and above).
- Comprehension testing. All 500 graded reading texts include comprehension tests.
- To use your own material in the training exercises. This means that you can learn speed reading skills whilst reading material that you need to read for work or study.
- Vocabulary training - 27 vocabulary sets.
- To customize the interface to suit your preferences.
- If you are a student, you can prepare for the SAT with the SAT module.
- If you have dyslexia, a visual impairment or ADD/ADHD, you can use one of the preset customized templates to make reading easier.
- If you have a family, then the whole family can use the program, as the software program tracks progress for multiple users.
If you are a professional or do a lot of reading on the web, then RocketReader Professional is the best option. RocketReader Professional includes an extra 75 business readings and allows you to import material from websites into the training exercises, so you can improve your reading skills whilst keeping up to date on the Internet.
Speed reading software - Guaranteed!
RocketReader speed reading software is guaranteed by a 30 day unconditional money back guarantee.